Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Bucket Hat

I love my bucket hat.
 
The Bucket Hat is a very popular item in Japan  in summertime, and anytime the sun is shining.  Although they are available in America, I've never seen them as widely used back home as they are here.

I've been trying to do research about their popularity, but am not having much luck.  This leads me to come up with my own conclusions.  Here they are:

  • They are lightweight, and made of cotton.  Your head will stay cool.
  • They block your face and neck from the sun.  This is very important to Japanese who do not like to burn.
  • They are compact and easy to throw in a bag or purse when not in use.
  • They are easy to wash.
  • They can be unisex.
  • You can get them with small or large brims.
  • They are not bulky.
  • They are relatively inexpensive.  I bought mine for about 1,200 yen (just under $14.00 USD).
  • Most of all they are a fashion statement.  Although I've heard them called "ugly", I've grown accustomed to seeing them on just about everyone, and just about everywhere.   
I don't usually jump on a trend....or am late in doing so, but I think everyone should own one!

No comments:

Post a Comment