|Yeah, they made it to Japan!|
We've been really busy with our out of the country house guests. My mom and brother made the 10 hour plane ride from California to visit us for two weeks. While we saw and did a lot, we didn't get a chance to show them everything on the bucket list. Its just a perfect excuse for them to make the trek back here sometime in the future so we can show them more of this wonderful country.
First off, I'm so happy they came for two weeks because the jet lag was pretty bad for them the first week. Many naps, and early evenings. Luckily, we had a pretty good balance of down time and being on the go. Here's some of what we did in a nutshell:
|Linkin Park concert|
- Stayed in Tokyo (1 night @ New Sanno/ 1 night @ Hardy Barracks)
- Emperor's Palace
- My brother and I took my oldest son to "Linkin Park" concert in Shin-Yokohama.
- Ferry to Sarushima Island
- Tons of shopping, napping and eating
- Toured the base
- Went to Ikego and Zushi
- A zillion trips to Lawson's (my brother loved the pancakes in a package).
|At horse archery in Kamakura.|
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse and World Porters
- Kurihama Hana no Kuni (Flower World)
- Toured USS Blue Ridge
- Sumo Tournament in Tokyo
- Horse Archery (Yabusame) in Kamakura
- Tons of shopping, eating and not so many naps
- Dinner Show up in Shinjuku
- Sunday Brunch at Officers Club
- Went to Back To School Nights
|On the bus to airport. Sayonara!|