Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Purezento

I am playing around with various colors and backgrounds on the blog.  I figured that with it looking the same this past year, that it was time for a change.  I'm hoping by January that I'll have a look I'm satisfied with.  Until then, please be patient with me.  I'd also welcome any suggestions if you may have them. 

Since this is the giving/receiving season, I just wanted to comment on presents.  I feel like I fit in here in Japan because I've always been a gift-giver.  Even from a young age I liked giving people presents.  Its very satisfying seeing someones face when they are presented with a gift.  Here in Japan, my friends (American and Japanese) often give each other gifts when getting together.  I certainly don't expect someone to give me something, but its always a nice surprise.  

As much as I like getting and giving presents, I'm also enjoying the gift of spending time with friends.  I enjoy the gift of: having lunch together, getting a pedicure, drinking coffee, going shopping, and traveling to near and faraway places.  These kinds of presents you simply cannot put a price tag on. 

The centerpiece I love so much!

One of my most favorite presents this month is a handmade holiday centerpiece.  Our Japanese neighbor made it for us.  She wanted to show her appreciation for inviting her to our neighborhood ornament exchange.  This was a lovely gesture and I love looking at it on our table everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful submit with plenty of wonderful content! I guess you may be on the appropriate way. All the best .
    Dodge Grand Caravan AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete